What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to accept your comments or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name
- your email address
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products or those of third parties;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by answering your questions;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law or to protect our rights, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors and other service providers to us who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of the Web site owner, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
The Web site uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share identifiable personal information unnecessarily;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
Wheelcoach.com’s hosting and other operations are located primarily in the United States and elsewhere. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to these countries. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
We comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Policy. We always use a double-opt-in process for email marketing (where you have to first supply your email address, then click on a link in an email to confirm it, before you are signed up). This prevents spam because people cannot sign up with other people’s emails, either maliciously or by mistake.
We are also happy to comply by telling you what data we hold about you and/or deleting unnecessary data. This is in addition to the automatic unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Web site and its services. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing Wheelcoach.com!